I know. Worst run-on sentence ever.
Anyway. I don’t have time to blog all the things individually, so I’ll just throw everything into this pile right here.
· A friend contacted me to ask if I could help proofread his celebrity wife’s magazine article. I was so flattered because they must have so many connections and yet I was the one he thought of when he went, “Hmmm… who do I know who is good in writing?”
· The Polar Vortex also happened in our office. For some reason, the air conditioning got so cold that I had to resort to wearing a thick trench coat and leg warmers and wished I could wear gloves. Then there was yet another reshuffling of desks (I’ve had my – what – 20th desk change in 3 years here?) and my new desk is not directly under an air conditioning vent, so the cold became bearable again. Yay. :D
· Last Friday I had a sudden intense urge to pet a dog after seeing some cute ones on Pinterest. A few moments later, our biggest boss suddenly showed up with hers! My team mates and I had fun petting him and watching him do some tricks. He is so trained that he wouldn’t eat food until his master said he could.
· My five year old laptop went wonky - a blogger’s worst nightmare. Luckily, there was an IT show in Marina Bay Sands, so I went and bought a replacement. More detailed post to follow after I’ve played with my new baby a bit more.
· I got so excited to see a giant picture of Sherlock on the wall, so I had to take a pic, obvs.
· We got tired looking for an Xbox for Dred (turns out there was none), so we had some refreshments - positively sinful milkshakes in Au Chocolat. This milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, damn right, they're better than yours... You sang that, didn't you?
· My lunchmates and I were so amused when almost all of us happened to wear dresses to work last Wednesday that we decided to pose for a picture. Josie, the only one not wearing a dress, was our cameraman.